When your gut health is on point, you enjoy more of the benefits of the nutrients you eat. Your body becomes more efficient at digestion, burning more energy and storing less fat.
Some doctors even go so far as to call your gut health the very foundation of your well-being.
You may already know that eating probiotic foods can help you improve your gut health. But did you know stretching can help as well?
Stretching Helps You Manage Your Stress Levels
Managing stress levels is one of the best ways to help you improve your gut health. When stress hormones flood the gut, the gut responds by releasing metabolites, toxins, and neurohormones. Stress can set you up for a vicious cycle: stress provokes your gut into a response that makes you feel worse, makes you more stressed, and floods the gut with more stress hormones.
Proper stretching can help you break the cycle. As you gently move your body and breathe in and out, you release endorphins, circulate lactic acid from your muscles, and give your mind a break from the day’s challenges. As you reduce your stress, you also give your gut a break.
Stretching Helps with Sleep
Reducing muscle tension and taking time for yourself with a few pre-bedtime stretches can help you sleep better. Nothing in your body works right without sleep, including gut health! Poor sleep can lead to weight gain, high blood pressure, and many other issues.
Fortunately, stretching can help you release the day’s tension and wind down enough to sleep.
The Right Stretches Massage Your Digestive System
Everyone loves a massage, and your digestive system is no different. Stretches that involve twisting, bending, and forward folding are especially beneficial, as they create gentle pressure akin to a massage for your stomach and intestines.
Gentle pressure can help relieve abdominal pressure by encouraging circulation and can help you give your gut a break.
Want even more benefits?
While your own daily stretching routine will be very beneficial, you can gain even more benefits with assisted stretch therapy.
Our stretch therapists help you stretch deeply in a way that most people can’t accomplish on their own and can help ensure each and every stretch is done in the right way to help you maximize the benefits.
If you’re feeling stressed and your stomach is upset on the regular, why not schedule your first session with Reach Stretch and Recovery? We can help you start a virtuous cycle of stress relief supporting gut health instead of a vicious one of gut health and stress.
REACH’s 2 STEP APPROACH TO RECOVERY THERAPY
RELAX – RESTORE – RECHARGE
Step 1: Identify Your Problem Areas
- It all starts with your Mobility Risk Factor Assessment called .
- This helps us identify the root cause of your current problem areas due to:
– Life’s Daily Wear & Tear
– Your Aches/Pain
– Muscle Imbalances & Weakness
– Flexibility/Mobility Limitations
– Posture Issues
- A Mobility Risk Factor Assessment is a MUST before starting any Stretch & Recovery Therapy Program.
Step 2: Targeted Recovery Therapy
- Your Mobility Risk Factor Assessment helps us create a Personalized Recovery Therapy Plan that targets your problem areas which will Shorten your Recovery Time.
- Each of our Stretch & Recovery sessions are a balanced blend of Corrective Stretch, Percussion, Compression, CBD and Heat
- Risk Factor Re-Assessments:
– Suggested every 30-60 days
– See your improvements
– Realize the benefits of Stretch & Recovery