Shoulder pain can make life hard. It can prevent you from engaging in your daily activities, including house chores, keeping up with your kids, and doing your job.
Fortunately there are some stretches you can do at home or in the office.
1) Shoulder Rolls
Shoulder rolls can help you loosen your shoulders.
- Sit or stand with your arms by your sides.
- Lift your shoulders up towards your ears.
- Roll them back down.
- Repeat this motion several times, then reverse the direction.
#2) Neck Release
A neck release stretch targets the muscles and joints in the neck, shoulders, and upper back.
- Sit comfortably in a chair, or stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands by your sides.
- Relax your shoulders and bring your chin down towards your chest, taking a deep breath in.
- Slowly and gently roll your head to the right side, bringing your ear towards your right shoulder.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Return to center as you inhale.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Return your head to center and roll your head back, looking up toward the ceiling. Hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Tuck your chin towards your chest and take a deep breath in.
- Repeat two or three times.
#3) The Doorway Stretch
The doorway stretch helps you increase the range of motion in your shoulder while promoting flexibility and circulation.
- Stand in the doorway and place your hands on the frame at shoulder height.
- Step forward with one foot to feel the stretch in your chest and shoulder.
- Hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat as desired.
#4) The Shoulder Blade Squeeze
The shoulder blade squeeze helps you reduce neck and shoulder tension while improving posture and flexibility.
- Sit with your arms by your sides.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Release and repeat 10 to 15 times.
Need More Help?
Some people find simple stretches like these aren’t enough to defeat ongoing, chronic shoulder pain.
When that happens, a stretch therapist can help. We can guide you through deeper, more effective stretches and use a range of modalities to release tension throughout your body.
We customize each person’s experience to deliver long-lasting results that help you live a pain-free life.
REACH’s 2 STEP APPROACH TO RECOVERY THERAPY
RELAX – RESTORE – RECHARGE
Step 1: Identify Your Problem Areas
- It all starts with your Mobility Risk Factor Assessment called .
- This helps us identify the root cause of your current problem areas due to:
– Life’s Daily Wear & Tear
– Your Aches/Pain
– Muscle Imbalances & Weakness
– Flexibility/Mobility Limitations
– Posture Issues
- A Mobility Risk Factor Assessment is a MUST before starting any Stretch & Recovery Therapy Program.
Step 2: Targeted Recovery Therapy
- Your Mobility Risk Factor Assessment helps us create a Personalized Recovery Therapy Plan that targets your problem areas which will Shorten your Recovery Time.
- Each of our Stretch & Recovery sessions are a balanced blend of Corrective Stretch, Percussion, Compression, CBD and Heat
- Risk Factor Re-Assessments:
– Suggested every 30-60 days
– See your improvements
– Realize the benefits of Stretch & Recovery